The mission of Harnett County Department of Social Services is to provide services to individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency, safety, and improve their quality of life. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for the citizens of our county by providing services that are outcome focused and cost effective. The programs of our agency are vast and touch the lives of many families within our communities.
Popular ResourcesView All
ADULT SERVICES Adult services provides assistance to promote independence and enhance the dignity of North Carolina’s older adults, persons with disabilities, and their families through a community-based system of … Read more
Child Protective Services
CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES (CPS) Child Protective Services are legally mandated, non-voluntary services provided to ensure the safety and protection of children from abuse, neglect, and dependency. In North Carolina, any … Read more
SUBSIDIZED CHILD CARE SERVICES (Daycare Assistance) Due to the rising cost of childcare, the Subsidized Child Care Services Program provides financial assistance to eligible families for their child care needs. … Read more
ENERGY PROGRAMS CIP – Crisis Intervention Program The Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) assists individuals and families who are experiencing a heating or cooling related crisis. A … Read more
Related LinksView All
Program Integrity / Fraud
Our mission is to maintain the integrity and accountability in the administration of public assistance programs and to investigate all allegations of fraud to ensure public resources are utilized appropriately. … Read more
- CPS reports can be made 24/7
- Reports can be made by phone or in person
- You can make a report in person by visiting 311 W. Cornelius Harnett Blvd., Lillington, NC 27546 during regular business hours (8 – 5 pm Monday – Friday)
- You can make a report by phone during regular business hours (8 – 5 pm Monday – Friday) by calling 910-814-6662
- After regular business hours, weekends, or holidays, call 910-893-9111. This is the non-emergency phone number for the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office. Please ask to speak to the on-call social worker.
- They will take down your name and number, and the on-call social worker will give you a call back to take your report.
- Please do not leave a report on a voicemail or by email. If you reach a voicemail, please leave a message with your name and phone number, and we will give you a callback to take your report.
- If you are someone that works for CPS in another county or state and have a question about requesting a courtesy visit or obtaining CPS history on a family, please call intake at 910-814-6662.
Apply online using epass, click Here. You may need to create an account first.
Apply in person at your Department of Social Services (DSS) office.
Fill out as much of the paper application as possible ahead of time and take your documents with you.
Note: You can also drop off an application at the DSS office.
Apply by mail. Fill out a paper application and mail it to your local county DSS office.
To make an APS report call the DSS Adult Services Intake at 910-814-6640, Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. After hours, on weekends and holidays, please call 910-893-9111 and ask for the on call social worker.
Name and address of disabled adult,
Name and address of disabled adult’s caretaker,
Age of the disabled adult,
Nature and extent of the disabled adult’s injury or condition resulting from the abuse, neglect, or exploitation
Any other information you feel is important
Administration / Legal 910-912-1358
Adult Medicaid 910-912-1518
Adult Services / Daycare / Energy / WFFA 910-912-1628
Child Support / Program Integrity 910-912-1685
Child Protective Services / Placement / Adoption 910-912-1661
Family & Children's Medicaid 910-912-1741
Food & Nutrition Services 910-912-1853